Who knew having kids would be so challenging and rewarding at the same time? From the minute they’re born these tiny humans give us so much joy.
Yet, with the joy comes “the stuff”; from play mats to Mega Blocks and Jumperoos alike these tiny people consume so much space! It can be hard to find the time to organise your home let alone yourself.
Friends have often asked me what I would do with the space they have to organise their little one’s toys. I’ve created this short post to share a few ideas that may help to revive your living room space . Hopefully this will help create a place where you can totally relax, unwind and feel a bit more like you at the end of a long day.
Create a corner
Find a corner in the living room that can be used for your kids’ toys. Using a corner in a room creates a specific section for all the toys as well as a space for your child to explore toys without it dominating the room.
- Use storage to your advantage and maximise space with tall units. Use the lower part for kids’ storage and the top area as a space for you to add some nice accessories.
- If you have the space create a feature partition with shelving. I’ve mentioned the Ikea Kallax shelving units below.
- Get personal on your walls with pictures and mirrors by creating collages of cherished family moments. You can also create prints of your children’s palms and frame these to create something special.
A few top buys for achieving this:
- For the small stuff, these boxes from Wilko’s create a storage space for toys and a seating area without breaking the bank. If you don’t need them in the future you can always fold them away. The larger size is particular useful for all the bulky toys.
- If you’re looking to create a partition, Ikea is a great place to start. The Kallax range has been abundantly used in my home. I love that you can mix and match the drawers coloured underneath to access toys. Meanwhile, the top shelves can be used for your own home accessories to create a homely feel.
- Floating shelves or pictures are a great way to break a room up and put your own spin on what you like. I love these frames from Next Home. You can use various sizes to create a collage and showcase your favourite memories.
Here’s hoping you can get some space back in your living room! Until the next time…
Thanks for reading!
House2Home by Leena